Preview Mode Links will not work in preview mode

VitalBytes Podcast

Nov 30, 2017

From Ron McMillan: 90% of our communication is routine, regular, and casual. And we do really well at it! But what about the other 10%? These are the conversations that aren’t regular, routine, or casual. And this is where people melt-down.

Learn more at

Nov 23, 2017

From Travis Bradberry: We’re emotional creatures — we’re hardwired that way. But we’re not hardwired to know what to do about all those feelings. That’s where Emotional Intelligence (EQ) comes in. Raising your EQ changes the way you see yourself, the people around you, and the way you go about your work,...

Nov 15, 2017

From Dave Angel: We all could pick at least one behaviour we’d change — especially in someone else. So, what would it be? And how would you influence that change? Don’t assume you know why people do what they do. There are more sources of influence than you may realise. Once we recognise our influences, we find...

Nov 8, 2017

From Dave Angel: We stink at influencing ourselves. When we say influence — or the power to change — we define it as the ability to change our own behaviour or the behaviour of others. That’s a powerful concept if we can really grasp it. So, how do we change ourselves — and why aren’t we better at it?


Nov 1, 2017

From Ron McMillan: If someone doesn’t want to talk with you, they won’t. Even if you were to practise every skill we teach in Crucial Conversations exactly the way we tell you to do it, you can’t force someone to open up. But if you persist, the other person almost always will join you — even if it takes some...